2. Use of Information:
The only purpose of our users’ information for us is to conduct business with our users and keep them informed about new services, offers and changes. We don’t sell, gather or use users’ personal information of any of other purpose.
(a) If subscribed, we will send you newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions in any mail we send (as further discussed in Section 11).
We only collect identifying information when you make a purchase, fill out your member profile or when using certain features of our site. You are not required to provide such information to access and navigate the site.
(b) Information is automatically collected about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. We combine this information with other information we collect about you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
- domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view; links you click; your IP address;
- the length of time you visit and use our Site;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site;
- your physical location by using satellite or internet signals
- If accessing the mobile Site, we may also collect mobile device ID; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; language information; with your permission, we will collect location information from your mobile device using GPS technology (or similar technology) to help you identify your assignment’s address. You may turn off this feature through the location settings on your mobile device.
(c) We do not collect any type of sensitive data from our users. Sensitive data includes any pertaining to: race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic or biometric data, health or mortality, and sex life or sexual orientation. Notify us immediately if you have accidentally submitted any sensitive data. We will remove it immediately.
We will not sell, trade, or rent your personally identifiable information to others. However, we do provide some of our services through contractual arrangements made with affiliates, service providers, partners and other third parties ("Service Partners"). Our Service Partners include USPS, UPS, FedEx, Google, and Mail Chimp. When you make a purchase any of these can receive your information in order for us to fulfill your order and notify you.
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Acquisition or Merger: If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- Legal Process: We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information: We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
To protect your personal identifiable information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry standard encryption of data to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your financial or any other personal information, the information is encrypted using industry standard protections in our database. No payment information is every stored in our database, as it is solely processed through third parties and is only temporarily stored during the processing of payment. All other information we collect may be stored in perpetuity through Shopify’s database, unless we receive a request by you to remove such information.
Although we have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
- What personal information pertaining to you is being processed.
- Why this information is being processed.
- Who has access to this personal information about you.
- How this personal information is being used in automated decisions.
What processes are using this information.
If you choose to make a purchase, payments are exclusively processed through Shopify Payments or PayPal if available. Please refer to Shopify Payments and PayPal privacy policies for information regarding their own security protections and use of your personal information. No payment information is stored on our Site after your order has been processed.
If you provide us with your financial or any other personal information, the information is encrypted using industry standard protections. Our payment processing is hosted via Shopify Pay or PayPal.
- Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, while others are used to enable a faster check out process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
- Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your any purchases or requests you have made or received from us.
When you click on links on our Site, they may direct you away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites or mobile applications and encourage you to read their individual privacy policies. If you visit a third-party website or mobile application link from our Site, you do so at your own risk.
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 12. SOL WICK & BODY does not allow individuals under the age of 13 to sign up for the mailing list or make a purchase, nor do we knowingly collect or use any personal information from such children. If you are under the age of 13, do not submit any information to our Site. If we learn that we collected personal information from children under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org